BARRIER DREAM...


I find the standard Armco crash barriers supplied with Powertrack frustrating. Sure, they look good - much like a proper Armco, but the scale is rather large for my tastes.


When I was planning my layout I found that the standard items were going to be rather obtrusive in some key areas, and I really wanted to have brand names on both sides of the barrier.



So, I had some fun creating my own. This allowed me to use both existing 'period' brands and newer, more exciting brands that my daughter will be familiar with - a six year old has no concept of Jagermeister!
.


I printed the logos out on label paper and then stuck them to Cardboard. It seemed to work well enough provided you pre-bend the cardboard before applying the sticker. A much better result came from using Plastic Card.
.
.
Using three or four dabs of superglue it is possible to then stick the barrier to the side of the track. In use, these seem to work very well and resist the flying tails of my wayward Corvettes...
.


The result is an excellent up to date crash barrier, with logos to suit your tastes and style.


I have four template sheets that I use and I mix and match from these. I have tons of work ahead in finishing my layout so it is all very much work in progress.