LJN LION FORCE 'SPINOUT IN SPACE'
 
 
Also from this period is a set a number of you have mentioned, the Spinout In Space from LJN. I look forward to fleshing out some history of LJN later in the Blog but clearly this is an interesting set.
 
This is perhaps the only application of Race n Chase outside of the Matchbox sets.
 

 
 
The set uses the track layout achieved with a PT-2000 Monza set with 12v terminal and Powertrack crash barriers & aprons. Tooling rights did not extend to the Controllers and Transformer - these being sourced from elsewhere (anybody?). Clearly the apron ends went AWOL too.
 
 
Okay, you may have noticed I am not a big fan of tie-ins and I am even less of a fan of far eastern cartoons! Ignoring my stance on this, these two 'cars' run on 12v HVT chassis complete with magnet and wide pick up shoes. 



These 'Lions' are part of five robots that make a Voltron (I'm guessing). The Yellow Lion is a Leg (apparently) and the Red Lion an Arm (I'm not making this up!) and the Red one should be smaller than the Yellow one. The joys of toy design - you can throw away the script! lol