SAAB TURBO PP-139 (UK ONLY)


Now, I used to own a Saab and I can vouch that we were considered a strange lot. However, we were not exactly known for being flash with our cash. Ironic then that Saab enthusiasts across the world seem keen to drive prices for these Saabs into the stratosphere.

This particular car is a mystery to me slightly. The version above is the Catalogue version, and as top of my want list back in 1981/2 I looked all over the UK (my Dad travelled!) for it. They were not about, I can tell you.



Imagine my surpise then to see one on ebay earlier this year. The ebay model, (above) is identical but throws up an interesting question. The chequer pattern on the sides appears to be black and white, but the ebay version suggests this is black and blue. I am tempted to suggest the colours of both images are inaccurate and the true colour is light grey. If anybody has one of these please let me know!

The ebay version was a Counterlane boxed example and fetched close to £100 on ebay. It's good money but if it's Counterlane, there must be more...

Blog Archive