VW SCIROCCO PP-140 (UK ONLY)


Well, what a cheerful ray of sunshine this VW was! Except you couldn't buy it! Well, I couldn't. No amount of pleading with Model shop owners and stabbing at the photo in my catalogue produced anything more than a 'Na, sorry Son, dunno anyfink baat that one lad'.

My early years of disappointment soon dispelled when this very car appeared on ebay last year, craftily hidden in an old PT-2000 set photograph. I didn't pay over the odds, which is just as well because its rubbish!


The vivid yellow (above) had deteriated over the 25 years since launch to become a dull drab bogey green. Furthermore, my example had clearly been modified by a black felt pen to reduce its value further.

And what value eh? A Mint one sold last month for £82 ($160)!! This is plausible because although I have seen 3 for sale in a year they are not common.

My advice? As with all yellow cars, unless you are going to race it, condition is paramount.

Blog Archive